In this article, we will help you choose the different types of visas to enter Spain.

How to obtain them, what are their advantages…

Let’s go!

Schengen Visa Types & Validity, Duration of Stay, 90/180 Rule & Visa Sticker

Spain is the second most visited country in the world after France, attracting millions of tourists around the world every year.

If you need more information about the different visas (ESTIA, Work Visa, Student Visa, Tourist Visa …) we advise you to contact  which is an agency specialized in filling Spanish Health Travel forms.

They will take care of you by offering you all kinds of services for your long or short stay in Spain.

What are the different types of visas that exist to go to Spain?

1)   Tourist Visa:

How to obtain a tourist visa in Spain?

If you live in the Schengen area, you can travel, work and circulate freely with your simple identity card in the 26 Schengen countries. However, if you are a foreign national, you must apply for a visa and have a valid passport to enter the area.

To visit Spain, any traveler who does not belong to the Schengen area must apply for a Schengen visa to be able to spend up to 90 days on Spanish territory.

Your Schengen visa allows you to travel freely within the area it covers, but you cannot work or study. It is therefore considered a residence permit for foreign nationals (mainly tourists) to stay in Europe.

2)   Schengen Visa:

How to obtain a Schengen Visa?

Visas : SLU

The European countries that make up the Schengen area share a common border. This means that once you are in one of these countries, you can travel without having to go through passport controls.

This is why the Schengen visa allows you to visit more than one country in the zone with a single application. Applicants must go to the embassy or consulate of the country they plan to visit to process their application.

The following countries require a visa to enter the Schengen area:


-South Africa



-Saudi Arabia


-Palestinian Authority












-Burkina Faso




-Cape Verde




-Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

-Cote d’Ivoire












-Equatorial Guinea




-Marianas Islands


































-Papua New Guinea



-Republic of Central Africa

-The Democratic Republic of the Congo

-Dominican Republic




-Tomé and Principe


-Sierra Leone



-South Sudan

-Sri Lanka
















To obtain your Schengen visa you should know the different formalities.

  1. Visa application form (correctly completed, with all required signatures).
  1. Entry-exit itinerary (a document indicating the dates of entry and exit in the Schengen area).
  1. If you are self-employed, you must file a tax return.
  1. Two recent passport-size photos (taken within the last three months).
  1. Proof of your employment status (an employment contract).
  1. A proof of accommodation is a document that shows where you will be staying during your stay in the Schengen area.
  1. For students under 18 years of age: birth certificate, letter of consent from parents or legal guardian, copies of passports of both parents or legal guardian.
  1. Your contact at the travel agency or company should be able to help you obtain information about your trip.
  1. Passport valid for at least three months with at least two blank pages.
  1. A document proving that you have sufficient funds to finance your trip.
  1. Health Insurance Documents.
  1. For students: proof of enrollment in an institution of higher learning.

3)   ETIAS Visa:

What is ETIAS Visa ?

The European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) is an electronic system for tracking visitors from countries that do not require a visa to enter the Schengen area. The legal procedures to pass ETIAS began in 2016, and the system is expected to be in place by 2022.

 How do I apply for an ETIAS program to visit Spain?

When the ETIAS visa waiver for Spain is fully implemented by the end of 2022, the application will be simple and fast. The application should take no more than 10 minutes.

To apply for the visa waiver, simply fill out a form, pay a fee, and then receive a confirmation email.

To avoid delays in the process, it is very important to ensure that the form is error-free and fully completed. If there are any inaccuracies or missing information, you will be notified as soon as possible. You will receive an email confirming that your ETIAS visa waiver application has been approved.

4)   Work Visa:

Spain’s immigration and emigration law were recently amended to require non-EU workers to obtain a work visa to live and work in Spain. Without this visa, companies cannot legally employ non-EU citizens.

 There are different types of work visas for Spain, depending on the jobs you are offered and the length of time your employer wishes to employ you.

  • EU Blue Card
  • Seasonal Work Visas
  • Long-term Work Visas
  • Au Pair Visas

5)   Student Visa:

Students who have a visa waiver can take a short-term course without obtaining a student visa.

 To study in Spain, students from countries that do not have visa exemption must apply for a Schengen student visa by going to the Spanish embassy or consulate in their home country.

What documents do you need to request if you want to obtain a student visa?

1) Health insurance in case of problems

2) You will need two recent passport photos for each application form.

3) Please bring a printout of proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay.

4) Your current student card.

5) Your identity documents include (national identity card, driver’s license, passport).

6) Schengen visa application forms.

7) Your passport must be valid!

8) Your acceptance to the course is confirmed.